Promote the accessibility features of your business with the Better Access Map (BAM) app and make sure more people can find you. By listing your business on the app, you’ll boost confidence in your business for people with disabilities or access needs.
The BAM app is easy-to-use and provides detailed accessibility information for people living with a disability, their families and friends or anyone needing accessibility information. BAM uses a best practice benchmark for disability inclusive practice against which businesses are assessed for accessibility.
Join a growing number of businesses with an Accessibility Profile on BAM and help create more inclusive communities.
Why Better Access Map?
- Fulfill your social responsibility and remove barriers to participation
Ensure people with a disability have accessible information to fully participate in their communities and meet your requirements under the Disability Discrimination Act (1992) and the NSW Disability Inclusion Act (2014).
- Promote your business and help people make informed decisions
Your business will be promoted on the BAM website/app, including a detailed accessibility profile (photos, measurements and more). By listing on the app, you’ll be giving people the information they need to make informed choices for themselves.
- Capture a growing market and future proof your business
It is estimated that Australians with a disability have a combined disposable annual income of $54 million – a fact which is often overlooked by businesses. Embracing greater diversity of visitors could help sustain local businesses and rebuild the local economy, particularly in the post COVID-19 world.
- Access important resources to improve the accessibility of your business
You will have access to information and resources via blogs and e-newsletters that will assist you in increasing access and inclusion.
Getting listed on BAM:
$60 annual listing fee* (incl. GST)
We’ve made it easy for you to self-assess your business and list on our app. You can complete your self-assessment here.
Please note: the self-assessment will take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete, depending on the size of your venue.
- Business listing on BAM website and app
- Detailed insights into aspects of your business that impact on the positive experience of customers and employees with access needs
* You'll be charged a listing fee for each individual listing you post.
- Independent Assessment and Resource Package
One- off assessment fee of $179** fee PLUS $49 annual listing fee (incl. GST)
- ‘Verified’ tick promoting your business as being independently assessed and accessibility- friendly
- Priority listing on BAM website and app
- Detailed insights into aspects of your business impacting on the positive experience of customers and employees with access needs
- Access information, resources and webinars to improve access and inclusion in your business/organisation.
** Please note, additional fees may be required to accommodate interstate travel for our trained assessors.
How do independent assessments work?
Register your interest to get your business independently assessed by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We contact you to organise a suitable time to visit or advise you when we will be in the area. Please note, independent assessments have been temporarily suspended due to current COVID-19 restrictions across Australia.
Our trained assessors visit your business to complete your Accessibility Profile according to our comprehensive accessibility criteria.
Your Accessibility Profile is published on our app and listed with a ‘Verified’ tick
- Independent Assessment, Resource and Advertising Package